Introducing Patrick Knight
What can you say when you read statistics like this?
Westview Centennial Secondary School
- 2005 553 students suspended
- 2006-2007 451 suspensions
- 2007-2008 237 suspensions
- 2008-2009: 248 suspensions
- 2009-2010: 141 suspensions
- 2010-2011: 86 suspensions
- 2011-2012: 44 students suspended
- Graduation: 100% of students eligible to graduate with required credits graduated.
- Total of 218 students (a first in Westview’s history)
- College application among graduates: 75 students (2012)
- University application: 119 students in 2012
- Total application to post secondary institutions:194/89% (highest in history- Guidance counsellor stated she has never seen that in her 9 years at the school)
- Crime rate decreased by 85%
What contributed to such outcome?
One man who believe in the students, in the community, in the staff and most saliently, he collaborated with the Jane/Finch community and incepted various programs to involve students and parents. That man, is none other than Mr. Patrick Knight.
In three years, Mr. Knight accomplished what a lot of principals could only dream of let alone achieve. He implemented a total of fourteen new programs aimed at solidifying the partnership with Westview’s staff, parents, community leaders, students and religious leaders within the Jane/Finch area.
Patrick is the recipient of many awards including the 2012 TDSB (Toronto District School Board) Award of Excellence 2012), the 2012 Miracle Network Educational Leadership Award and The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal (2012). Patrick is currently the Principal of Sir Robert L. Borden SS, and has brought his highly successful BROTHERS UNLIMITED PROGRAM to support the males in the school.